A potential Seahawk prospect:
Kenny Clark defensive lineman
UCLA 6 foot 3, 314 lbs, 32 1/8 arm length
- He ran a 5.06 40 yard dash
- Kenny Clark has the ability to bull rush and really move a pocket, He could fill in for Brandon Mebane on the interior of the defensive line. A former wrestler in high school(the Seahawks love players with this background since they are well adapt with positioning and use of strength), Clark has a lot of upper body strength that he can use to man handle his opponent. When faced with single coverage he would dominate and use his bull rush to dismantle offensive lines. He has good instincts, can react to double teams, good against traps and has a good football IQ. In other words he can sniff out what schemes are developing.
- Estimated to be drafted in rounds 1-3
- He did not fair well against the elite teams in the PAC 12. Some think he couldn't handle the steeper competition.
- His tackling needs some work, he gave up a lot of broken tackles. His short arm length may prove to be his weakness and at times would lose contain.
- Overall Clark is a very intriguing prospect who needs to perfect his tackling technique and wrap up players. His push and pocket presence are an A+. He has the ability to get sacks even from the interior. He also is adept at knocking down passes. The Seahawks could really use a player like Kenny in the 2nd or 3rd round. Kenny gets a B+ grade with a decent upside.