In a bit of almost no news the Seahawks have signed several of there restricted free agents to deals. The restricted offers tendered by the Seahawks to players mean that another team could sign the player but compensation is required which means it rarely happens. A player who is tendered an offer and would leave the Seahawks is highly unlikely and if they don't sign it they would have to sit the season out(as the Seahawks would have their rights through the year).
Here's the list of players signed:
- Patrick Lewis (center) Lewis didn't play the entire season last year but he should of. He came in to fill for Drew Nowack who had a disastrous start last year. Lewis is not a spectacular lineman but was very stable for the Hawks last year as they made their playoff run.
- Cooper Helfet (tight end) a back up last year who's role was increased after the loss of Jimmy Graham.
- Muhammed Seisay (Corner back) acquired last year via trade from the Detriot Lions. Seisay was injured in the pre-season and will likely battle for the other outside corner position. Seisay is a bigger corner with the makeup Seattle covets in the defensive backfield.
- Steve Terrell ( Corner back) 25 year old backup who will look to make a big jump in 2016. He now has a few seasons under the Seahawks program and should battle for a roster spot.
- Marcus Burley (Corner back) played a limited but effective role last year, he will try and make the team as a nickel corner back.
Thank you for reading Seahawks News and Mariners News on Seattle Sportscast. Your comments suggestions and feedback are strongly encouraged. We offer several free giveaways throughout the year. Simply enter your comment and provide a true email. This will automatically enter you into our Seahawks Contest. Thanks again and good luck!