The UW Huskies go into Saturday's game 4-5 as are the Sun Devils. Only three games remain for Huskies Football, who have put it's bet on the future by starting Freshman at QB and many offensive positions. Following Saturdays game they play Oregon State and the Washington State Cougars in the Apple Cup. The most likely wins would come Saturday vs. ASU and the following week vs. the Oregon State Beavers. ASU has drastically underachieved this season and are ripe for another loss. UW has not won a game vs. Arizona State at their stadium since Rick Neuheisel coached the Huskies over a decade ago.
KEYS TO THE GAME:
- TURNOVERS: the huskies must win the TO battle and minimize its mistakes which cost them severly last week against Utah. The Huskies Defense in 2015 has been fantastic and some turnovers in this game for UW will help seal the deal.
- REDUCE PENALTIES: Penalty's cost the Huskies several TD's last week and probably the game. ( Although many shouldn't have been penalties at all)
- HOPE & PRAY they don't get another bogus call from PAC 12 refs.
- JAKE BROWNING AND MYLES GASKIN: They need the ball in their hands the majority of the game. These freshman have proved they're more than capable and they're the foundation for the future, let them learn as freshman. ( remove Jeff Lindquist from the offense, his role is not making sense and removes plays from Jake Browing. It disrupts the rhythm a QB needs and hasn't proved to be anything but wasted plays)
- AVOID A SLOW START: This won't be Husky Stadium, a solid start to the game could ease the pressure of going on the road in the PAC 12.
Tags: APPLE CUP 2015, Freshman Jake Browning, HUSKIES BOWL ELIGIBLE, MYLES GASKIN, PAC 12 REFEREES REPRIMANDED, University of Washington freshman, UW DENFENSE 2015 RANKINGS, UW FOOTBALL BLOG, UW HEADCOACH CHRIS PETERSON, UW HUSKIES, UW vs ASU, WASHINGTION HUSKIES FOOTBALL